Enrolling Your Student

Open Enrollment

(Open Enrollment applications must be submitted to the resident and receiving districts.)

Transportation Assistance – Parents are responsible for transporting children open enrolled in another district.  This applies to all students including those with an IEP.  If the need for transportation as a related service is stated in the IEP, as a general rule the parent is responsible for this obligation under open enrollment.  If a child open enrolls to a district that is contiguous (borders) to the home district, and the parents’ income meets economic eligibility requirements, the family may receive a stipend for transportation or be provided transportation by the district.  Income verification must be provided to the resident district.

You may find more information by going to the Dept. of Education website at https://www.educateiowa.gov/

You may call the Paton Churdan School, (515) 389-3111, for assistance.

Download Application


Required Health Documents

(for all 3rd, 7th, 9th, & 12 Grade students for 2019-2020 School Year)

  1. Dental Screening Certificate for Kindergarten and 9th-Grade students
  2. Vision Screening Certificate for Kindergarten and 3rd-Grade students
  3. Iowa Immunization Program Info


Registration Materials 

(Marked with * - New to District ONLY students Ex) Preschool/Kindergarten, move in, open-enrolled, etc)

  1. 2019/2020 School Supply List
  2. 2019/2020 School Fees
  3. PK-12 Student/Parent Permission Form
  4. Emergency Contact Form
  5. GMail Permission Form (3rd grade and new students 3rd-7th)
  6. 3rd-6th Grade Computer Acceptable Use Policy
  7. 7th-12th Grade Computer Acceptable Use Policy
  8. 7th-12th Grade Computer Loan Agreement
  9. Race and Ethnicity Form *
  10. Home Language Survey *
  11. Data For Cumulative Records*
  12. Remind 101 Notification Sign-Up Form *


High School ONLY

  1. HS Chromebook Computer Loan Agreement
  2. Infinite Campus Parent Agreement Form