Enrolling Your Student
New to the District
Need to enroll a new student? Please call the office to set up a time for a tour of the building and to register the new student.
Office Phone (515) 389-3111
(Open Enrollment applications must be submitted to the resident and receiving districts.)
Transportation Assistance – Parents are responsible for transporting children open enrolled in another district. This applies to all students including those with an IEP. If the need for transportation as a related service is stated in the IEP, as a general rule the parent is responsible for this obligation under open enrollment. If a child open enrolls to a district that is contiguous (borders) to the home district, and the parents’ income meets economic eligibility requirements, the family may receive a stipend for transportation or be provided transportation by the district. Income verification must be provided to the resident district.
You may find more information by going to the Dept. of Education website at https://www.educateiowa.gov/
You may call the Paton Churdan School, (515) 389-3111, for assistance.
Required Health Documents for New and Returning Students
(for all 3rd, 7th, 9th, & 12 Grade students for 2023-2024 School Year)
- Click Here for Dental Screening Certificate for Kindergarten and 9th-Grade students
- Click Here for Vision Screening Certificate for Kindergarten and 3rd-Grade students
- Iowa Immunization Program Info
Registration Materials for New and Returning Students
(Marked with * - Students New to District ONLY; such as Preschool/Kindergarten, move in, open-enrolled, etc)
- 2023/2024 School Supply List
- 2023/2024 School Fees
- GMail Permission Form (all 3rd grade and new students under the age of 13)
- 3rd-12th Grade Acceptable Use Policy & Computer Loan Agreement
- Race and Ethnicity Form *
- Home Language Survey *
- Remind 101 Notification Sign-Up Form *